Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The White T-Shirt

Berlin Day 3.
I can't tell you how many hours I've spent in front of my closet prior to a night out (the boyfriend can, however) contemplating meticulously put together ensembles ("Hey boyfriend, how about this sailor-striped body-con cinched at the waist with this giant gold vintage broach?") but emerging with an oversized white t-shirt I most probably fell asleep in the night before.

The truth is, I've never felt more comfortable and confident than I do in a simple white tee. It's an attitude, really. The "I require no further embellishment" attitude of feeling amazing in my own skin. The attitude that allows me to attend a chi chi redesign of a chi chi hotel in a simple white tee. A counter-culture to the ruffles and lace and LBDs attending said chi chi event. The attitude that allows me to, hypothetically, approach a man sporting a MONOCLE (yes, it's true) at said chi chi event and whisper in his ear accusingly: "Colonel Mustard, in the study...with a CANDLESTICK." I've never felt sexier or more playful than I do in a white tee.

Granted, it might have something to do with how I wear it: accessorized, lip glossed and in 3" heels. And in my case tonight, velour. When George Costanza said: "I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable," I was picturing high-waisted skinny pants more than jumpsuit.

ANYWAY, these photos were taken in a hotel conference room with an inflatable globe as a prop, though I lack the grace, coordination and genius of Charlie in The Great Dictator (best movie EVER). By now, you're thinking "TOO MANY POP CULTURE REFERENCES (what is she, the Gilmore Girls?), SHOW ME PICTURES" so I will stop writing. Happy Wednesday. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment