Since my last post, I went into full obsession mode with creepers, a shoe you would maybe associate with 50s greasers or punk subculture, but has obviously found its way into the fashion mainstream. But they're awesome. So now the question is...round toe or pointed toe? Suede or leather? Double sole? Or boots?
10 Reasons Why We Want Creepers:
1. This Jalouse editorial makes them look effin' cool:
2. The Sex Pistols wore them:
3. These silly asians are wearing them (apparently they're in some famous Thai band):
4. They come in red (though, it will likely be black for me):
5. They come in leopard print (hmm):
6. You could potentially say, hey, lay off my green suede shoes:
7. They look good with jeans:
8. They look good with dresses:
9. They look mad hot on these girls (jean shorts + tights + creepers = win):
I go through phases with what I wear. There are months when I dress up. These past months I've dressed down, wearing the same jeans and t-shirt day in and day out. But if it were up to me (and I owned this wardrobe), this would be my next phase. A little step up from casual, a little layering, a little punk. And I'm kind of obsessed with those suede creepers.
You've probably noticed how there's been this kind of native Pocahontas theme in fashion for the last little while. You know, feathers and beads and dream catchers and leather fringe. Native is the new hippy boho. Whatever it is, these two Sass & Bide dresses are definitely channeling it. I can't even decide which I like better. And the big messy bun is the cherry on top of the cake.