Monday, April 12, 2010

Wedged

I once wrote, on this very blog, that wedges were a "legitimate fashion choice...I will never get into." This is a lesson. Never say never when it comes to fashion choices. (Though, I still stand by never wearing leggings as pants. Neverrrrr.) Ok. Well spring is here and I'm having a shoe dilemma. I don't want to wear my winter combat-like boots anymore and every pair of heels/boots I own are 3-4-5" suitable only for evening. What do I wear during the day with skirts or jean shorts (worn with tights, of course, let's not get ahead of ourselves, it's April) or my Acne jeans I wear rolled up slightly? Oxfords, ballerina flats or Chucks, sure. But what about those days where I'm cocktailing before sundown and I want my feet to feel a bit more special?

Wedges. I want them. And I don't need to go all-out with a 6" wedge like the Atacomas (a legitimate fashion choice I will never get into) or chunky clog wedges I see everywhere (we can thank Chanel for the clog craze). The following is my wedge wish list.

Acne pose lace-up ankle boot (net-a-porter)
I posted these once in a different colour, but now I'd like them as a potential daytime black boot.
Because you can never have too many black boots.

Rosegold Suede Wedge (Urban Outfitters)
Understated and almost a heel.

Kelsi Dagger Nude Wedge (Urban Outfitters)
Because I still love nudes.

Rachel Comey brogue wedge (Opening Ceremony)
For lack of brown shoes in my closet - these are as clog-like as I'd get.

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony buckle boot
This is as extreme as I would go in wedge...aren't they pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment