Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Flea market treasure

I picked up this big turquoise necklace (hey, can you guess what my recent obsession is?) at the outdoor flea market in Jaffa - probably the best flea market I've been to because of its dizzying selection of jewelry and clothing but also its affordable prices. I think this necklace set me back an equivalent of 5 euro.

I look forward to going back to Israel if not solely for that flea market. Jaffa (Yafo in Hebrew) is beautiful - it's "the most ancient city centre and port within the Tel Aviv region" and believed to be  one of the oldest ports in the world (wikipedia). You can also tell by all the modern apartments, trendy bars and restaurants surfacing that the area is being gentrified. It's a neighbourhood now favoured by yuppy artists (I was shown a beautiful place with a rooftop terrace now occupied by some actor - would love to live in that), so you get a mix of old and new.

I was only able to do a quick once over through the small streets riddled with booths, boutiques, shops and narrow corridors of junk and goodies. I would love to spend an entire day at the flea market taking pictures and hunting for treasures, but unfortunately I only got there Friday afternoon (closed on weekends and I left Sunday)...

Alright, it's been only 3 days since I've been back and I'm already nostalgic! Here is today's outfit. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I think every girl should have at least one statement necklace. It'll make your outfit and it doesn't have to cost you much.

No comments:

Post a Comment