Monday, February 15, 2010

Opening Ceremony

For their Spring 2010 collection, Opening Ceremony got Gia Coppola and Tracy Antonopoulos to direct Kirsten Dunst (yeah, my girl crush) and Jason Schwartzman in a short film inspired by French new wave and set to a Coconut Records song (Schwartzman's band). This cute and quirky video is the result.

Being a huge Jason Schwartzman fan (thank you Wes Anderson), I recently watched the first season of Bored to Death (credit to Marj - hi Marj! - for letting me know it exists). So Jason Schwartzman is a Brooklyn-based writer who moonlights as an unlicensed private detective. I wonder how many people posted craigslist ads after seeing this show? I'm not going to lie. I was tempted. Anyway, you should watch it, because it's funny, not necessarily HAHA-funny but chuckle-hmm-that's-smart-funny. Watch it if not just for Ted Danson. Think Alec Baldwin is to 30 Rock as Ted Danson is to Bored to Death (proportionally, but 30 Rock = 10x Bored to Death, and please marry me Tina Fey, MARRY ME).



non plus one final from Tracy ANTONOPOULOS on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment