Thursday, February 18, 2010

Brian Reyes Fall 2010 RTW

I'm going to talk about prints again, because Brian Reyes had the bleeding heart print from spring/summer 2010 that was POETIC to me. I kept thinking that wearing a bleeding heart dress would be the perfect expression of a broken heart, but one belonging to a confident and hopeful woman? Ok, it makes sense to me. For his fall collection, Brian Reyes' prints were inspired by trees, which doesn't have the same emotional impact on me, but it's that "confident and hopeful woman" thing in his tailored yet soft silhouettes that wins me. And how much do you love the knits in the last two looks?

(from Style.com)

5 comments:

  1. so excited to see brian produce some knitwear. They're both phenomenal. His prints and color choices are always fresh and exciting. I love that he's constant inspirations from nature.... my favorite cycle so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved what Brian Reyes did for FW 2010, the prints were some of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the last outfit, the top with sequins is beautiful, and I Love Love the use of knee socks, so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed about the bleeding heart dress, though this collection was soooo beautiful. Insane prints and gorgrous fursss, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the knee sock look. A softer, more girlish version of high boots?

    ReplyDelete